Chalkwell Coach Hire Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Chalkwell Coach Hire Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Coach Depot, Unit 2A, Church Road, Sittingbourne, Kent.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Terms of Carriage
Dogs will be carried at the driver’s discretion and free of charge provided they are on a lead.
Tickets are not transferrable and are issued subject to Company terms and conditions.
Tickets must be produced on request or the appropriate fare must be paid, which is non-refundable
Chalkwell are committed to making bus services accessible to as many people as possible and we adhere to the guidance set down by the Confederation of Passenger Transport UK (CPT).
Class 2 scooters with 3 or 4 wheels may be carried on buses provided that they are no more than 600mm wide and 1000mm long. The rider and the scooter combined must weigh no more than 300kgs, which is the safe working limit of the access ramp. Class 2 scooters are generally 65kgs, which leaves 235kgs for the occupant (roughly 37 stones).
Users should put their mobility scooter in the designated wheelchair space, reversed up to the backrest. The scooter motor must be switched off and the scooter parked in gear to avoid movement. If the wheelchair space is already occupied by a wheelchair, it will not be possible for the scooter user to travel.
Class 3 scooters are bigger and can not be carried. Class 3 scooters are generally capable of travelling 6-8mph and must be fitted with front/rear lights, hazard warning lights and a manual brake.