As many of our customers are already aware, Kent County Council have been considering the withdrawal of 38 bus routes across the County that they currently support financially. This includes a number of services currently operated by Chalkwell. Following a public consultation earlier this year Kent have now decided to go ahead with the withdrawals.
The following services will run up until the last day of operation on 12th February 2023.
- 8/9/343/344/345 – Sittingbourne and the surrounding villages
- 332 – Stockbury to Sittingbourne Schools
- 662/666/664 – Faversham and Lynstead Schools
- 360/361 – Sunday Services to be withdrawn. Monday to Saturdays will continue
- HS7/HS8 – Egerton and Pluckley to Homewood School
It is understood that a lot of peole will be inconvenienced by these withdrawals, however KCC have made the decision due to budgetary issues. If you have concerns you can contact your local KCC Councillor, with the list availble on the KCC website.
We would like to thank all of our customers, many of whom have used these bus services for generations.
In more positive news, Chalkwell are to take over the 347, 349 and 647 bus routes, which operate in and around Sittingbourne. Information about the new routes starting 13th February 2023 can be found here.